“To me, the music as a whole is much more important than my individual part. And I really haven’t decided if I am a singer first or a pianist first. Actually, it changes a little bit each time I play or sing”.
Matt’s performance highlights:
- Bass vocalist & musical director for the vocal jazz quartet ‘True North’
- Vocalist & pianist with the Matt Falker Quartet
- Performed featured sets with both True North and the Matt Falker Quartet, as well as with Australian vocalist Michelle Nicolle at the Jazz Education Network (JEN) Conference
- Released ‘Playpen’ solo album and True North CD ‘Voyage’ with Matt’s singing, playing, and arranging.
- Featured solo performances at events such as the Reno Jazz Festival (2016), the Niles North and Southern Nazarene University Vocal Jazz Festivals (2016), the JazzVox duet series in Seattle with Australian vocalist Michelle Nicolle (2017,2019), and the International Jazz Voice Conference in Helsinki, Finland (2015,2019).
- Long time church musician specializing in contemporary gospel music. Minister of music or lead keyboardist at numerous Southern California churches. Member of the Los Angeles Chapter of GMWA (Gospel Music Workshop of America).